Alpine Paradise 2023
This exceptional stage at 2000 m altitude in the Aosta Valley (the valley on the Italian side of Mont Blanc) is taking place for the third time. It represents the pinnacle of the concept of stand up paddle racing in an alpine environment. i.e. Alpine Lakes Tour !
Everything is there: the turquoise waters, the 4000 glacier-covered peaks, the mountain refuge and its very special atmosphere with, in the case of Refuge Prarayer, a unique welcome, abundant and excellent food, showers and even a jacuzzi !!
For accommodation: a refuge with sauna and jacuzzi just above the lake. There are still places left at the refuge, it’s very comfortable! There are double rooms, a small and a large dormitory, showers and even a Jacussi! The refuge atmosphere was truly one of the magical moments of the 1st edition in 2019 and of the second edition in 2021 ! For those who prefer to sleep in the valley it is also possible or even in the dam parking lot.
Programme / Schedule / Programma
The Alpine Paradise program may be modified if weather conditions require it.
Le programme de l'Alpine Paradise pourra être modifié si les conditions météo l'impose.
Il programma Alpine Paradise potrà subire modifiche qualora le condizioni meteorologiche lo richiedessero.
Saturday September 23
- 9am -12am by reservation: transport of SUPs by boat from the dam to the refuge
- Free reconnaissance of the course
- 3pm technical race (weather permiting)
- 4pm dragon race & podiums (weather permiting)
- 6pm -7pm by reservation: transport of SUPs by boat from the the refuge back to the dam
- 7:30 p.m. dinner at the refuge (you have to book your meal directly to the refuge)
Sunday, September 24th
- 8am -9:30am by reservation: transport of SUPs by boat from the dam to the refuge
- 9:30 am: free tea & coffee on the beach close to the starting zone.
- 10:30am Long distance run 10 km / Short distance: 5 km
- 1pm prize award ceremony
- 2pm-4pm transport of SUPs by boat from the the refuge back to the dam
Meals by reservation at the Prarayer refuge for lunch and dinner. Recommended accommodation at the Prarayer refuge just above the departure beach.