Resilience and wellbeing programme for parents (GR 9) EN
Resilience and wellbeing for parents is a 15hrs programme designed and delivered by the Association of Positive Psycholgy Luxembourg asbl, and subsidized by the Oeuvre National Grand Duchesse Charlotte.
In ten sessions of 1,5 hours we will explore the most important topics for parents' resilience and wellbeing during the current pandemic. We will dive deeper into nourishing relationships, positive emotions, character strengths, healthy lifestyle, helpful thinking styles, meaning, mental flexibility and psychological safety, and learn how the cutting-edge research in Positive Psychology can help us boost our psychological immune system. We will try out how this all works in hands-on activities and explore how the knowledge can be applied in discussions.
The dates for this group (20 people maximum) will be:
24 March, 31 March, 21 April, 28 April, 5 May, 19 May, 2 June, 9 June, 16 June and 30 June, Thursdays from 6:30 pm till 8:00pm. In order to fully benefit from the program, participants are encouraged to participate in 75% of the program. This registration is valid for all the above dates, please block them in your agenda.
The advantages for the participants:
- Explore themes related to resilience and well-being in a 15 hours free of charge practical and interactive program;
- Meet and interact with like-minded parents in a “learn & play” environment ensured by our facilitators;
- Learn from our expert facilitators;
- Take small actions every week that will improve your resilience and wellbeing and that of your family;
- Possibility to opt for a follow up training and become facilitator of the programme and in this way form your own group of parents in your community to contribute to their resilience and wellbeing and that of the society at large.
How it works:
- We will meet on 10 occasions on Thursday evenings between 6:30-8 PM.
- The meeting room is located at CLAE asbl, 26 rue de Gasperich, 1617 Luxembourg - Gasperich.
- This is an English-speaking group (if you prefer French, check out our offer)
- There will be a maximum 20 people in the group.
- You'll gain acess to our online resources.
- We'll engage in building a community of parents together.
The facilitator of this group is Vera Kristensen.
Vera is a psychologist, resilience trainer and translator. She is dedicated to making the world a better place through positive psychology, meditation and supporting bereaved children. After her BSc (Honours) in Psychology in 2017 she went on to study a master's programme in applied positive psychology and graduated in 2021 with distinction for her original STREAM resilience programme for working people during the Covid-19 pandemic. She has been praciticing meditation for two decades and is a passionate student and pracititioner of engaged Buddhism of Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh. The last four years she has been facilitating weekly meditation meetings.
More details about the program here: https://www.ppl.lu/post/resilience-and-well-being-for-parents