#WANIDA Symposium 2023
to 10 Mar 2023, 6 p.m.
The West African Network of African Centres of Excellence on Infectious Diseases WANIDA will hold its first Symposium from 8-10 March 2023, in Accra, Ghana on the theme:
INFECTIOUS DISEASES IN AN ERA OF GLOBAL CHANGE: Innovative Pan-African Multidisciplinary Efforts to Build Research Capacity in Africa.
The event will be hosted by the West African Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens - WACCBIP, at the University of Ghana, the coordinating centre of the WANIDA network.
THE DETAILED PROGRAM available on
FOR ONLINE PARTICIPATION USE THIS LINK
8th march 2023 : THE AFRICAN HEALTH CHALLENGES
- 9h to10h: Opening Ceremony
- 11h to 13h: Emerging Health Challenges and Building Surveillance systems within the One Health Framework
- 14h30 to 16h30: Strategies for vector-borne disease control and elimination.
9th march 2023 : PAN AFRICAN RESPONSES TO HEALTH CRISES
- 9h to 13h: Success Stories in response to past and emerging infectious diseases
- 14h30 to 15h30: « My 3 minutes thesis » Challenge, with the WANIDA doctoral students
15h30 to 18h: Multi-actors dialogue for a Pan African response to Health crises.
10th march 2023 : AFRICAN RESEARCH NETWORKS OF EXCELLENCE: ADDRESSING THE HEALTH CHALLENGES IN AFRICA
- 9h to 12h45: Innovation to promote African research and valorization of research
- 12h45 to 13h15: Awards ceremony for the “3 minutes Thesis” competition
- 14h30 to 15h50: Insights into Capacity building and resources sharing
- 15h50 to 16h10: Closing Ceremony
This event is a wonderful opportunity to :
- Bring together a large number of actors in infectious disease research and innovation from several continents !
- Discover the Excellent Reseach being carried out by WANIDA partners and projects and their contribution for collaborative research, training and capacity building on infectious diseases in West Africa.
- Showcase your research to your peers, network and gain fruitful partnerships in the sub-Saharan region, Africa and with international partners.Mais aussi
- But also a 3 Minutes Thesis Competition, and a Poster Session to discover all the Centres and projects of the WANIDA network !
The WANIDA research network, which brings together all the actors of research excellence in West Africa, seeks to promote greater cooperation between institutions to conduct high quality research and training excellence, focusing on the etiology of febrile diseases in West Africa, and developing mechanisms to share research resources and technical expertise. Discover all our activities on https://ace-partner.org/wanida/en/
Simultaneous translation will be available (English & French).
Looking forward to welcoming you !
REGISTRATION ON SITE ARE NOW CLOSED. Choose ON LINE PARTICIPATION to receive the link !
WANIDA Symposium Team
REGISTRATION REQUIRED : Choose ONLY ONE type of ticket according to your participation.
DISCOVER THE AGENDA
8 Mar 2023, 9 a.m.
to 10 Mar 2023, 6 p.m.
WACCBIP , WACCBIP Ghana University, Accra Ghana